Pea Protein EXTRA is more than just another standard pea protein powder! Pea Protein EXTRA is a blend of complete vegetable protein sourced from garden (sugar snap) peas. The protein is concentrated from the normal level of 6% in fresh peas, to around 80% – 76.2g per 100g!
What’s more, this vegan protein shake has been fortified with antioxidants, phyto-nutrients, vitamins and minerals from an EXTRA 9 herbs and superfoods (including baobab fruit). It has an excellent amino acid and nutritional profile.
Pea protein is also highly soluble and therefore easy to digest and absorb – no bloating! Free from gluten, dairy, lactose, animal products, soya and other anti-nutritional factors, this hypoallergenic mix is an ideal source of protein for those with certain food intolerances / allergies.
Peas are well-known for being a rich, low fat source of highly bio-available protein. Pea protein is a natural vegetable-source protein, which also offers an excellent nutritional and amino acid profile:
Amino Acid Profile
Pea protein is rich in:
- ‘branched chain amino acids’ (leucine, isoleucine and valine)
- lysine (an essential amino acid)
- glutamine (involved in protein synthesis)
- and is richer in arginine (involved in immune system function and weight control) than any other commercially available protein.
Peas are also rich in:
- vitamins: including vitamin A, riboflavin, niacin, folate, thiamin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, vitamin B6, vitamin C and vitamin K
- minerals: including calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, copper and manganese
- and other nutrients: including both soluble and insoluble dietary fibre, lutein (a nonprovitamin A carotenoid), phyto-nutrients / phytosterols (especially ß-sitosterol) and antioxidants.
- By contrast, peas are low in fat, calories, sodium and contain no cholesterol.
Easy to digest – no bloating!
Pea protein is a relatively new form of protein supplement, valued for its high digestibility (90-95%), low potential for allergic responses and reasonable price. It is particularly popular because it has a sweet taste and a texture which mixes well in liquid solutions.
It is also useful for mixing into soups and stews. Alternatively, it can be blended with liquids of your choice, as well as fruit (like banana) to make a healthy smoothie.
- slimmers and people with food cravings (as provides slow release energy and promotes increased satiety through the combination of protein and dietary fibre content)
- anyone recovering from illness
- people with low appetites
- those with an active lifestyle, with high energy demands
- vegetarians, vegans and anyone looking to boost their protein intake
- anyone who wishes to avoid dairy and soya based protein products. Free from gluten, dairy and other animal products, soya and other anti-nutritional factors, this hypoallergenic powder is an ideal source of protein for those with certain food intolerances / food allergies.
Unlike most other pea protein powders on the market, Pea Protein EXTRA is free from hexane and other toxic chemicals. These toxins are regularly used during the pea protein extraction process. Healthy4People pea protein is extracted using only water, pressure and flocculation.
Healthy4People Pea Protein EXTRA Powder is manufactured in the UK to GMP code of practice.
These manufacturing procedures ensure that the basic manufacturing practices and prerequisites necessary for product quality and safety are being followed. This goes above and beyond what is required so that we can guarantee you receive consistently high quality products.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.